header ad unit

Monday, August 6, 2012

So.....my camera died

Did I mention I have the best husband in the world? And no, I'm not being sarcastic (this time!).


My camera died. I'm surprised I didn't cry, considering the massive amounts of pregnancy hormones pumping through my body. I think that ol' Alison-tenancity kicked in, assuring myself that "surely I can fix this." Well, try as I might, I could not get my precious little point-and-shoot to...well...shoot. 

I won that camera in a raffle at my then-current work. So, to say I was heavily invested in it financially would certainly be an overstatement. The camera had a few quirks initially that annoyed me at first, but after playing around with the settings, I found it to be a pretty decent point-and-shoot. And for those wondering, 99% of the pictures on my blog have been taken with that point-and-shoot (and the remaining 1% were taken with my so-freaking-awesome iPhone). 

And so, when my camera died, what did my amazing husband say? "Let's go to Costco tonight and get you that Nikon you wanted." OMG!!! Squee!!!!

And so, here are my incredibly amateur first photos with the Nikon D3100. I've had a busy work week, and haven't had a chance to read through the manual, so I've been playing with the auto modes for now. I think I'm in love. 

Look at how amazingly vibrant Lolly is! And she hasn't even had a bath lately! She would've looked like an ol' gray mare on my old camera. 



And Aybee is so crisp! You can see her graying whiskers -- incredible!


Look at that face! That face just screams, "Momma?"






Please bear with me as I learn how to use this thing. I promise I'll be transitioning to manual mode as soon as I can learn how to use it! 

Cheers!

Pin It

1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous and SO happy for you! I think these photos already look amazing. This was the perfect purchase--especially with baby Logue on the way.:-)

    ReplyDelete